April 09, 2016, 10:40:06 AM
Read 671 times

Offline Brian

• Administrator

• Co-Admin/Podcast Co-Host

• Aiming at excellence.

• View Profile
    • Woodwose Radio
I'm not the type to actively seek-out past-life regressions and the like, but I can't help but wonder if some of my current-life interests haven't been influenced by possible past lives, especially when those interests are so contrary to the ways of the modern world, as with my fascination with becoming a Franciscan friar, or with walking into the bush and living off the land as a mountain-man.

I don't pay much attention to Facebook or discussion-boards, I don't like having a mobile phone, I don't own a car, and I don't tend to enjoy much of modern culture. I've had those "born in the wrong era" feelings on many occasions, and I exasperate people who are well-ensconced in the modern world, content to pursue a career and own all the things were "supposed to" want--yet I feel bad for them "needing" those things.

People around me consider me backwards for not wanting to build a "luxurious" life in the modern world, but none of what they so eagerly seek appeals to me. Am I alone in the frustration I feel?
Brian

To own one's own shadow is to reach a holy place--an inner center--not attainable in any other way. (Robert A. Johnson)

April 09, 2016, 11:29:24 AM
Reply #1

Offline Sue D

• Mentor

• Just a Newbie

• View Profile
Our group only decided on regressions purely because many of us had flash-backs as you describe, and we were curious whether they impacted on the life we were leading now.

The answer was plain and simple, in 99% of the time it just explained why we were the people were now, and the growth we had gone through.

The mere fact we went through so many diverse lifetimes puzzled us as why would we record we were a peasant on a boat in China, dirt pour, and the next a noble person in Spain, and the next a scholar in Greece writing on slates, and so on infinitum. They explained it to us thus.  You choose the various incarnations to best teach you the next set of lessons to take you on the next journey that your soul requires to grow and hopefully from time to time take you through a quantum leap through a lower dimension to a slightly elevated one.  At no stage were we asked to repeat lessons etc. unless we had not learned them in the previous incarnation, then we reset the exam paper to help us progress.

There are however times where something is left undone in a previous incarnation or a disability or illness is protracted into the next incarnation - purely because it was not finalised or the reason for the illness had not been addressed. It is therefore a good idea to go back into that life time and retrieve the problem to heal the fractured soul part. They call it in some circles "Soul retrieval".  Sandra Ingerman published a brilliant book on the subject called : Soul Retrieval: mending the fragmented self.
https://books.google.co.za/books/about/Soul_Retrieval.html?id=FH5uyGoiSr4C&source=kp_cover&redir_esc=y&hl=en

Beyond that, there is no reason why a full lifetime needs to be retrieved, apart from the curiosity of what you were and where, the lessons you learned in that and other lifetimes are no longer important. You have learned them, therefore they are no longer relevant. You are the best you have even been, by experiencing those life-times only the fragmented ones need to be worked on.

So in that line of enquiry I have a brilliant author I am going to introduce you all to who spent her life researching Hypnosis and regressing people to extract and heal those lifetimes. Her name is:

Dolores Cannon. She spent her whole life in service to others, and toured and lectured around the world. Totally egoless, and a favourite homespun lady you could ever meet.

Some of her famous books were :
A Soul remembers Hiroshima
Keepers of the Garden
Conversations with a spirit/ between life and death.
Conversations with Nostradamas Vol. 1,2,3
Convoluted Universe Books 1,2,3,4

and others.

April 09, 2016, 03:22:11 PM
Reply #2

Offline Erin (Joy)

• Administrator

• Podcast Co-host

• View Profile
    • Erin's Journal

April 09, 2016, 04:50:11 PM
Reply #3

Offline Sue D

• Mentor

• Just a Newbie

• View Profile
I'm not the type to actively seek-out past-life regressions and the like, but I can't help but wonder if some of my current-life interests haven't been influenced by possible past lives, especially when those interests are so contrary to the ways of the modern world, as with my fascination with becoming a Franciscan friar, or with walking into the bush and living off the land as a mountain-man. The feeling of wishing for solitude is being brought through from a couple of lifetimes as monks - yes you were one and loved it so much you want to return there. You understand the learning process through stillness, quiet contemplation and so on. In this lifetime you also wish to progress forward from that point of view, as it is one you are familiar and comfortable with. - There is nothing wrong with that. There are many light-workers that prefer your quiet existence. I am one of them I cannot stand the modern world, the noise and racket, and greed and all that goes with it. I would be very happy living in a cabin in the worlds with a herb garden one side, and a vegetable garden on the other. Preferably near the coast somewhere so that I have access to the tides, and gifts from the sea.

I don't pay much attention to Facebook or discussion-boards, I don't like having a mobile phone, I don't own a car, and I don't tend to enjoy much of modern culture. I've had those "born in the wrong era" feelings on many occasions, and I exasperate people who are well-ensconced in the modern world, content to pursue a career and own all the things were "supposed to" want--yet I feel bad for them "needing" those things. Don't feel bad for them, they are exactly where they need to be for their own individual journey. You enjoy your journey the way you have mapped yours out to be. I was told by a Master teacher that material goods are not so much a problem as long as one does not feel the need to survive with them, and being addicted to having them. They should be enjoyed for the use they give more than that it is not healthy. One should be able to walk out our front door, lock it and walk away without being concerned about what was left behind - after all if we require something we can materialise it when we require it, why fret over something left behind?

People around me consider me backwards for not wanting to build a "luxurious" life in the modern world, but none of what they so eagerly seek appeals to me. Am I alone in the frustration I feel?
Not backward - just on a different journey on a different road. There road will take them back to the map-room same as yours will, just in a different way, with different experiences under your belt. Who knows what lessons you set yourself before you incarnated and what life you set yourself to achieve just that? So smile and wave, smile and wave!!

June 27, 2016, 11:07:56 PM
Reply #4

Offline MsMollimizz

• Just a Newbie

• View Profile
 I thought about a quote or two, but decided against it...
Suzie Q, I've always believed we keep coming back until
we learn the lessons we are suppose to in order to "move
on" to better. I believe we can if we choose, take the form
of an animal-your thought on this?
 What I cannot figure out is why some end up in relationships
where we died at the hands of spouses, being beaten so badly
I cannot figure out...UNLESS they were the ones who caused a
death in their past life ?(that just came to me!)
 I know we have a choice in this life where we go, but...
I tried to save a gal from an abusive hubby, only to have her
run right back to him...past life "side-effect" ??? For lack of
better words...
 That didn't stop me ! When I was with the carnival, a good
acquaintance of mine there wound up with one of those guys.
 I took half the morning driving to a different carnival lot to
find her and bring her to my lot. This one worked out for the
good ! She stayed away from him, odd tho, no one else knew
he was hitting her-and we stuck up for "our own"(carnys).
Later that spot she got into carving glass mugs for sale, and
she made some awesome halter tops from leather coats she
bought from second hand stores.
 I still have one of those halters and the mug she carved for me.
Without knowing my family history, and I told her surprise me
as to what I wanted on there... She carved the theatrical masks
on it with, "laugh now, cry later". When I was a young tot my
Grandfather use to direct plays at the playhouse in a few different
Southern Calif. small neighborhood theaters, eerie coincidence !
That was 30yrs ago...my haw time flies when we're having fun !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz 
The difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
The greatness of a nation and it's moral

progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Gandhi

Books contain words; trees contain energies and wisdom books never dreamt of.

Even a mighty Oak was a nut that once stood it's

June 28, 2016, 04:38:14 AM
Reply #5

Offline Sue D

• Mentor

• Just a Newbie

• View Profile
Every experience and every lifetime takes you one step forward, the same as passing through year after year at school, and passing up to the next level or grade, then you make a quantum leap and go into middle school, then another for college, then another for Varsity (if you go at all), the the career field, then marriage - each change is  quantum leap.  We have the choice to do it all faster, but studying and frog leaping over many things, the choice was always ours.

About relationships: firstly if one is in an abusive one we have to ask what signposts did we miss that we are locked into an abusive one. Normally we will be warned in many ways that the person we want to be with is toxic, if we do not take heed we end up in a relationship that is so sick, toxic or abusive. If we have more than one abusive relationship means they have not learned from the past one and they have allowed the same triggers to pull them into this one.  Allowing an abusive relationship to occur is normally a sign of low to no self-worth whatsoever. There is your first clue as to what to do next.  Never allow anyone to abuse us or to take out their frustrations or their sick mind on to us. Those monkeys belong to them, do not carry them for them. Pack and leave, and put as much distance between them and you/us. People say they have no choice, there is always a choice, there are friends, other family members, shelters. 
Abused wives and girlfriends go back because they have no self-worth. But never allow anyone to degrade or abuse us.  Break the cycle of abuse immediately, someone will help us leave.  Don't ever forget you can ask for Archangel protection and assistance, and they will help. I have seen it happen time and time again.

December 24, 2016, 09:35:01 PM
Reply #6

Offline Brian

• Administrator

• Co-Admin/Podcast Co-Host

• Aiming at excellence.

• View Profile
    • Woodwose Radio
I think that, because many spouse-abused men and women will return to a relationship out of fear (men having more to fear, since there is both the stigma attached to his not being able to keep his shit together, and the disgusting lack of men's shelters or counseling services for them), out of resignation--an assumption they "deserve what they get," or out of a lack of self-worth, at the very least, you put a copy of Judith Orloff's Emotional Freedom, or Melanie Beattie's Codependent No More, into their hands, and assure them that you'll be there to help as much as you can, though most-important is that they help themselves--the last thing you want to do is transfer someone's codependency from an abusive partner to you, because it will drain you, and become a new manifestation of an old problem... Help them, yes, but don't forget to set appropriate boundaries, first.
Brian

To own one's own shadow is to reach a holy place--an inner center--not attainable in any other way. (Robert A. Johnson)

December 28, 2016, 09:15:26 AM
Reply #7

Offline Sue D

• Mentor

• Just a Newbie

• View Profile
Brian I don't think many of us are really qualified to assist with 'damaged' folk that have been pulled into abusive relationships due to low self-worth as this type of relationship feeds their view of low self-worth.  It would take another person that has been on the same type of treadmill to be able reach out a finger, then a hand and eventually a loving arm to guide them away from the toxic relationship.  They having survived one similar would know the clues along the way, to enable them to reach out and make the difference to that person.  However I do not think it would be a walk-in-the-park to draw them away for good.  I do not know for sure, as I did not walk this road in my youth, what triggers someone to jump into a relationship that is so toxic that it drains the very life out of that person.

There has to be a half-way house somewhere that will take them in and gently nurture them to a point of believing in themselves again.  As you correctly say there are not many of these half-way houses that will admit men, so they are left to walk like chaff in the wind.  Wow would love to know what these folk had to 'learn' by inviting this horrendous life-shattering experience into their lives.  Maybe for them to establish a half-way house to take in those 'lost' souls?  Who else would be qualified to look after them and bring them back to a period of 'normal' thinking and living.